Monday, April 1, 2013

April foolishness


It does seem a bit of foolishness that I've chosen April 1 for my maiden voyage into blogging. But I'm going to give it a shot.

Lately spring has been playing peek-a-boo with us here in West Tennessee. We are fortunate not to have the snow this March that has afflicted our northern neighbors, but we still wonder if Nature is trying to pull off an intricate April Fool's Day joke.  So here's one for you:  This picture of my poodle, Sadie, and the tulips (above) was taken last year on March 13.  This year, as you can see below, we are just beginning to get tulips buds.  I don't mind that Spring is taking its own sweet time because we will have more days to savor the earth's reawakening.





3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first post, mom! I've been itching to get back to writing more lately. Maybe you'll be my motivation to get back in the game. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting. You know I'll be asking for your help along the way. Gotta love those tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth,
    I now see that you are in Tennessee, and have already posted for Wildflower Wednesday before. Welcome to the world of blogging! Yes, spring came very late this year, but I am thankful it's finally here, and am pleased at all the new growth on the plants each day.

    ReplyDelete