Saturday, May 11, 2013

A bouquet for mom

Everybody knows Moms love flowers. One of my favorite memories of my mom revolves around flowers - wildflowers, to be exact.  As a small girl, I would roam our big yard and pick wildflowers like violets, henbit, spring beauties, fleabane and clover.  Once my little hands were full, I would present them to my mom who, of course, oohed and aahed over them and put them in a little blue and gold vase that seemed just perfect for the hand-picked flowers.  I never got tired of bringing her flowers and she never got tired of gushing over them.



What sweet memories!  When my mother died (36 years ago), I got the little blue vase and every spring I fill it with little flowers and think of her.


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. A sweet tribute to your mother.
    My mother loved flowers of all kinds, too. I put pink silk roses on her grave. And I bought myself a purple verbena in memory of the ones she grew.
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete